- Unemployed, seek advice from your local job centre for referral
- Right to work in the UK and been UK resident for last 3 years
|FREE for unemployed
This is a regulated course, offering training in Security. This course is aimed at the unemployed looking to re-enter employment in the security field. This course is made up of multiple units giving knowledge and techniques in this sector. The course is designed to lead to employment in the licensing sector in roles such as: security guarding, event security, Key holding roles, security consultancy and much more.
The course is made up of 4 individual qualifications including Level 2 Award in Door Supervision, Level 2 Award in Security Guarding, Level 1 Personal Development in Employability, Level 2 Customer Service. After successful completion of this course you will be able to apply for your SIA badge.
The following Units will be covered:
- Working in the Private Security Industry
- Working as a Door Supervisor within the Private Security Industry
- Working as a Security Officer within the Private Security Industry
- Conflict Management within the Private Security Industry
- Physical Intervention Skills within the Private Security Industry
- Customer Service Skills
- Employment based Skills
The course will be delivered through a number of different learning methods such as presentations, role-play, multiple choice assessments, designed to be interactive and engage with each learner.
The course will require a basic level of fitness.
As a regulated qualification this course will be assessed though 3 multiple choice examinations, one written exam and practical assessment.
After successfully completing the course you will receive a regulated Highfield (Awarding body) certificates in: Level 2 Award in Door Supervision, Level 2 Award in Security Guarding, Level 1 Personal Development in Employability, Level 2 Customer Service.
After successful results you will be able to apply for your SIA badge and be qualified in working within the Security industry:
The SIA licence is then applied directly with the SIA licencing party at https://www.sia.homeoffice.gov.uk/Pages/licensing-applying.aspx
Typical Delivery Locations:
- Gloucestershire College
- Cheltenham College
- The Arc, Eastern Avenue, GL4 3BD
- Nationwide – Please Contact for further details
For further information, please don’t hesitate to contact us.